Content rights & responsibilities
ID Design ltd own the rights to the content you create and post on www.lockdownhistory.com .
By posting content to www.lockdownhistory.com, you give us a non-exclusive license to publish it on LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com, including anything reasonably related to publishing it (like storing, displaying, reformatting, and distributing it). In consideration for LDH granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that LDH may enable advertising on the Services, including in connection with the display of your content or other information. We may also use your content to promote LDH including its products and content.
You are responsible for the content that you post. This means you assume all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights.
You’re welcome to post content on LDH that you’ve published elsewhere, as long as you have the rights you need to do so. By posting content to LDH, you represent that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other agreement you’ve made.
By posting content you didn’t create to LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), , you are breaking the rules of this competition – All entries must be genuine and personally written stories
We can remove any content you post for any reason.
Our content and services
We reserve all rights in LDH ( abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), look and feel. Some parts of LDH are licensed under third-party open source licenses. We also make some of our own code available under open source licenses. As for other parts of LDH, you may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from LDH unless otherwise permitted by law.
You may not do, or try to do, the following: (1) access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers; (2) access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available, published interfaces (e.g., APIs) that we provide; (3) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; or (4) interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
Crawling the Services is allowed if done in accordance with the provisions of our robots.txt file, but scraping the Services is prohibited.
We may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice.
LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), and its Competition/Contest is only for people aged 13 years old and over. By using LDH, you affirm that you are over 13. If we learn someone under 13 is using LDH, we’ll terminate their account.
If you find a security vulnerability on LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), , please let us know.
Incorporated rules and policies
To enable a functioning community, we have Rules. To ensure usernames are distributed and used fairly. We will remove material after receiving a valid takedown notice., We will also investigate any use of another’s trademark and respond appropriately.
By using LDH, you agree to follow these Rules and Policies. If you don’t, we may remove content, or suspend or delete your account.
Disclaimer of warranty. LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com provides the Services to you as is. You use them at your own risk and discretion. That means they don’t come with any warranty. None expressed, none implied. No implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title or non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability. LDH won’t be liable to you for any damages that arise from your using the Services. This includes if the Services are hacked or unavailable. This includes all types of damages (indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary). And it includes all kinds of legal claims, such as breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, or any other loss.
No waiver. If LDH doesn’t exercise a particular right under these Terms, that doesn’t waive it.
Severability. If any provision of these terms is found invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, you agree that the court should try to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision and that other provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect.
Choice of law and jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by UK law, without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree that any claim arising from the Services must take place in a court located in the United Kingdom.
Entire agreement. These Terms (including any document incorporated by reference into them) are the whole agreement between LDH and you concerning the Services.
LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), exists to share ideas and perspectives from the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers.
We welcome thoughtful and civil discussion from a broad spectrum of viewpoints. Nevertheless, to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for a wide range of people to engage in meaningful conversations, we prohibit certain conduct.
Each participant in our community is responsible for maintaining these standards.
In deciding whether someone has violated the rules, we will take into account things like news worthyness, the context and nature of the posted information, the likelihood and severity of actual or potential harms, and applicable laws.
Violations of our rules may result in consequences such as account restrictions, limited distribution of your posts, and suspension of your account. We may limit the distribution of controversial or extreme content or in fact any content that we may deem unsuitable or lawful.
Threats of violence and incitement
We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We do not allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
We do not allow posts or accounts that glorify, celebrate, downplay, or trivialize violence, suffering, abuse, or deaths of individuals or groups. This includes the use of scientific or pseudoscientific claims to pathologize, dehumanize, or disempower others. We do not allow calls for intolerance, exclusion, or segregation based on protected characteristics, nor do we allow the glorification of groups which do any of the above.
We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, or other content in your username, profile, or bio.
LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com exists to share and discuss ideas. We don’t tolerate harassment, which includes:
- Bullying, threatening, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- Using LDH features like responses, private notes, mentions, follows, story requests, or writer requests in a way intended to annoy or harass someone
- Reviewing businesses or products in a gratuitously harmful or abusive manner
Privacy and Reputation
We do not allow the following:
- Posting copies of private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication
- Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, threaten, or endanger
- Posting intimate or explicit images taken or posted without the subject’s express consent
- Content that violates others’ privacy, including sensitive or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other non-public information
We do not allow posts or accounts that engage in the following restricted categories of activity:
- Promotion of Harmful Conspiracies
- Facilitation of gambling or betting
- Facilitation of buying or selling social media interactions, including off-platform
- Facilitation of illegal sexual services
- Facilitation of copyright violation
- Political Ranting
We do not allow posts or accounts that engage in on-platform, off-platform, or cross-platform campaigns of targeting, harassment, hate speech, violence, or disinformation. We may consider off-platform actions in assessing a LDH account, and restrict access or availability to that account.
We do not allow posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts, either publicly or as an unlisted story.
We do not allow spam on LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), . All spam will be immediately removed from LDH, without notification. While it is hard to define this content with precision or completeness, here are some representative behaviors we look for that are characteristic of spam:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site, product, or service
- Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
- Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Stories where the content is clipped with the sole purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website
- Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk, indiscriminate interactions, such as following of other accounts (follow spam) clapping, highlighting, or leaving notes
- Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion
- Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products
- Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts
For each of these behaviors, when we talk about “content,” we mean not only posts but also any other feature that allows you to add your own text or media. When we talk about “interactions,” we mean any feature that allows one user to interact with another, or with a post.
Paid, automatic, bulk, or non-genuine interactions
LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), depends on various user behaviors — like follows and claps — to determine what content to feature and make the site work well for everyone. So, we don’t allow artificial behaviors that skew this system and as a result degrade or distort other users’ experiences. This includes:
- Buying, selling, or trading in accounts or account interactions — including follows, claps, highlights, responses or other traffic
- Using services, apps, or arrangements that offer you more follows, claps, or other interactions on your LDH account or content
- Registering accounts, posting content, or interacting with users or content automatically, systematically, or programmatically
Copyright and trademark infringement
Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you’re authorized to use someone else’s copyrighted work or trademark (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don’t do it. We respond to notices of alleged infringement.
We do not allow deceptive conduct on LDH. This includes:
- Posting content or impersonating a person or organization in a way likely to deceive people. Parody and satire are fine, but make clear that is what you’re doing. Our terms have specific requirements for parody accounts
- Using LDH for phishing or fraud. Don’t use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don’t link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts
- Don’t use deception to generate revenue or traffic
- If you have received compensation, free goods/services or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
- Third-party advertising and sponsorships are not allowed. You may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, or brands through LDH posts, publications, or letters. This includes images that indicate brand sponsorship in a post or letter, or as part of a publication name or logo.
- Images functioning as third-party ads are not allowed. Inline images or embeds that link out and function as banner ads for third-party brands are not allowed.
- You must disclose affiliate links or payment for a post. Affiliate links, such as link out to Amazon with your code, or any other link out where you will receive a commission or other value, are allowed in posts. But, you must disclose somewhere in the post that it includes affiliate links. If you have received payment, goods or services, or something else of value in exchange for writing a post, you must still disclose this fact in writing within your post (as per
- Multi-level marketing content is not allowed.
In ongoing compliance with the European GDPR, we are restricting the behavior of certain embedded content:
- Embeds that directly collect data through form fields are not allowed. This includes embeds that facilitate the submission of email addresses and other personally identifying information through forms and the submission of credit card information. If you want to collect information from your readers, you will need to link out from your post on LDH to a form hosted elsewhere that makes it clear to a user that they are no longer in the LDH network
You may not:
- Use an anonymous email address which is not linked to your project domain. (e.g., gmail, protonmail, mail.ru, etc.)
- Advertise or participate in bounty campaigns, pump and dumps, reviewing for reward, or other forms of brigading or inauthentic activity.
- Include shortened URLs in your posts.
We do not allow pornographic images or videos. We do allow erotic writing and non-graphic erotic images.
We do not allow gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, even if it’s not pornographic.
Exploitation of minors
We do not allow content promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of minors, including the sexualization of fictional minors.
Promotion and glorification of self-harm
We do not allow activities that encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide. If you encounter users contemplating or threatening self-harm, please report it to us via the form or email address linked below.
How to report a violation
Please inform LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you break the rules
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community. If you attempt to evade suspension by creating new accounts or posts, we will suspend your new accounts and posts.
Upon investigating or disabling content associated with your account, we will notify you, unless we believe your account is automated or operating in bad faith, or that notifying you is likely to cause, maintain or exacerbate harm to someone.
If you believe your content or account has been restricted or disabled in error, or believe there is relevant context we were not aware of in reaching our determination, you can write to us email@example.com . We will consider all good faith efforts to appeal.
Government Takedown Requests
If LDH receives a request from a government actor to restrict access to content associated with your account, we will notify you unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others. Where applicable, we will work to limit legally-ordered content restrictions to jurisdictions where we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to restrict the content.
We may enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion. These policies don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act.
We also may change these rules at any time.
LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), is committed to providing a transparent, open platform for expression and therefore supports the goals and spirit of The Santa Clara Principles on Transparency and Accountability in Content Moderation as a starting point for further discussion.
Member Content Guidelines
User posts must meet all LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com rules as well as the following content requirements. We’ve set these additional guidelines for member-only stories to create a fair environment for writers in our and a richer reading experience for members.
- You may not sell advertising in or on your member-only content.
- Member stories should not exist with the predominant purpose of driving traffic to an external website, business, or product. All included content must be relevant, substantial and informative.
- If you have received compensation, free goods/services, or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear.
- Do not ask for claps or include other calls to action, including gifs of clapping, requests for donations, or other links or embeds for the purpose of capturing user information or soliciting money.
- Do not use content or images licensed as non-commercial in your Partner Program posts.
If you violate these Member content rules
LDH abbreviation of (www.lockdownhistory.com), reserves the right to review posts or accounts at any time and/or remove the Member section content that violates these Member Content Guidelines, or LDH’s general rules. In deciding whether something has violated the Rules and Guidelines, we will take into account things like the context, newsworthiness, and nature of the posted information and applicable privacy laws. Repeated violations of the Rules and Requirements will result in permanent ineligibility to participate in the program.
How to report a Member post violation
If you find a member post or account on LDH that violates these rules, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or feedback about these rules, let us know. You can contact us at email@example.com